Episode 64: How to Create Content That Converts Leads, with Andy Crestodina.
Andy Crestodina is a co-founder and the Strategic Director of Orbit Media, an award-winning 38-person web design company in Chicago.
Over the past 15 years, Andy has provided web strategy and advice to more than a thousand businesses. As a top-rated speaker at national conferences and as a writer for many of the biggest blogs, Andy has dedicated himself to the teaching of marketing.
Andy has written hundreds of articles, many of which have been published on the top marketing blogs and media websites. Favorite topics include content strategy, search engine optimization, social media and Analytics.
Andy was named to Forbes Top 10 Online Marketing Experts to Watch in 2015 and Entrepreneur Magazine Top 50 Marketing Influencer in 2016, and is a mentor at 1871, the #1 incubator in the US.
He is also the author of “Content Chemistry: The Illustrated Handbook for Content Marketing.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Andy started his web design company and how it’s evolved since then
- Doing important tasks before urgent tasks
- Why you need to write your content marketing mission statement
- Why delegating is so crucial (and why Andy hired a boss for himself)
- Why you don’t need to publish every week
- Why you should publish answers to questions you get frequently instead of constantly writing emails with similar content
- Measuring the performance of content
- How to construct your content so that it will perform
- “Content Chemistry”: Andy’s book about how to repurpose content
- Building your website with what people are searching for in mind
- Winning the SEO battle and turning visitors into leads
- Steps agencies can take right now to improve their content to convert more leads
The Golden Nugget: